Tunisia – on the road. To all our friends who asked us “what will you find to talk about?” Here are some snippets:
- There’s a perfectly good pavement / pedestrian crossing / lane marking. Why isn’t (s)he using it?
- What lane do you think that car wants to drive in?
- Do you think the quality of their conversation is improved because they’re standing in the middle of the road?
- Err, there’s a car coming straight at us in our lane. He’s overtaking that donkey cart. Slow down or we’ll crash!
- Do you think that car passed it’s MOT?
- Ooh, look. That car’s wheel hub has fallen off in the middle of the road!
- How come he kept going? It’s a red light isn’t it?
- Do you think parking on roundabouts is actually legal here?
- A: There’s only two lanes marked but I can see five lanes of traffic. I think the cars on this side have made a hostile takeover bid for the other side of the road. What lane do you think we should be in?
- V: Middle
- Look! There’s a driving school car. I didn’t think they had any!
I suspect we’ll be having similar conversations in other countries…..