- South Africa – Shipping Out
- South Africa – Our car is a ‘bloke magnet’
- South Africa – Big country, big vistas
- South Africa – Hallucinating Fairies
- Kenya – Cats in the Mara
- 10 ways to schmooooze a policeman
- South Africa – We’ve arrived in Cape Town!!!
- Namibia – Wonders will never cease…
- Namibia – Animal Theatre
- Namibia – Apple Moose
Category Archives: Tanzania
Ven: How many more photos of elephants are you going to take?!? We’re running out of storage space…. A: Just a few more…. please….
The Tanzanian traffic police have been unexpectedly friendly. We were expecting to be stopped for bribes (or rather a request for “a soda”, the more discreet way of asking) many times. The occasions we were stopped, the conversation on where … Continue reading
This is the post with photos of beautiful beaches and pretty fishing villages, so if you’re reading this on a grey, rainy day in a concrete jungle, feel free to skip to the next post!
I’m going to invent a new Swahili phrase: ‘fuula fuula’, meaning ‘we’re full’. I do this because the phrase does not seem to currently exist in Swahili. Or at least the ticket collectors of the matatus and dalla dallas (share … Continue reading
Things we’ve seen perfectly balanced on people’s heads as they walk along the road or have a conversation with a friend: