- South Africa – Shipping Out
- South Africa – Our car is a ‘bloke magnet’
- South Africa – Big country, big vistas
- South Africa – Hallucinating Fairies
- Kenya – Cats in the Mara
- 10 ways to schmooooze a policeman
- South Africa – We’ve arrived in Cape Town!!!
- Namibia – Wonders will never cease…
- Namibia – Animal Theatre
- Namibia – Apple Moose
Author Archives: V & A
After almost a year of thorough research and extensive in-field testing through Africa, here are 10 suggestions for easing your way through border posts and sweet talking your way past the traffic police stops, hopefully without having to give anyone … Continue reading
London to Cape Town BA 0043: Boeing 747 – 11hrs 30 mins Moving House: Land Cruiser – 10 months 5 days
As we drive south through Namibia, the gravel roads wind through rugged hills which give way to flat desert and then to dunes. Namibia has unique geology and incredible natural sites.
Namibia is one of our favourite countries. We had been there 12 years ago, driving its rough roads in a brave Ford Fiesta which we put through its paces. This time we were better equipped in a 4×4 and were … Continue reading
We were already breaking rule number one of driving in Africa: don’t drive at night.